October 25, 2014 Fall Picnic More...
Updated: 10/15/2014 8:23:44 PM
Congratulations Bill & Bonnie Nelson More...
Updated: 3/23/2014 8:03:02 AM
2014 Individual of the Year More...
Updated: 2/1/2014 2:19:50 PM
Next Monthly Gathering
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Rocket City Wings gathering
-- OH! Bryan's, 2136 Highway 72 E, Huntsville. Eat 6pm / Meet 7pm
|25, || ||Sat||-||-T-O-D-A-Y-|
| ||-||FALL PICNIC
-- Chapter Picnic @ Mountain Lakes Resort [11 am - 3 pm]
(1345 Murphy Hill Road, Langston, AL
Chapter is providing the food.
For food planning purposes...R*S*V*P* REQUIRED, please RSVP # of attendees to:
Please RSVP NLT October 21st
|26, || ||Sun||-||Breakfast Social
-- @ 8:30 am -- Dennys Restaurant, 4506 University Drive
(Ride Afterwards (Destination: TBD))
|28, || ||Tue||-||Dinner Social
-- @ 6:00 pm -- Chow King, 2230 Sparkman Drive, Suite # 500 (left side of Wal-mart)|
|30, || ||Thu||-||Dinner Social
-- @ 6:00 pm -- Wintzells Oyster House, 5100 Sanderson Street NW|
|11, || ||Tue||-||Rocket City Wings gathering
-- OH! Bryan's, 2136 Highway 72 E, Huntsville. Eat 6pm / Meet 7pm|
| ||-||Veterans' Day (Armistice Day)|
|6, || ||Mon||-||Jim Robinson's Birthday|
|10, || ||Fri||-||Tony & Michelle Moon's Anniversary|
|17, || ||Fri||-||John Griswold's Birthday|
|19, || ||Sun||-||Roy & Anita Fosnight's Anniversary|
Updated: 10/19/2014 1:14:29 AM
|This is Your Chapter
Remember, this is YOUR chapter and your participation and ideas are what makes it all worth while. So please pass along any ideas you have. It will be appreciated by all.
Region A Conventions
Be a Clown
October 16-18, 2014
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A REDNECK IF...
You lit a match in the bathroom and your house exploded right off its wheels.
Miseries To Avoid
By Howard Halasz, Technical Contributor, with special thanks to the following from Bob Lunsford's Northwest Honda: Ronnie Lunsford, Owner and General Manager; Corky Farmer, Service Manager; Andrew Senyk and Corky Farmer, Service Technicians.
- The single most important thing you can do to prevent motorcycle tire failure is to always ride on properly inflated tires!
- The only way to be sure your tires are properly inflated is to measure their air pressure using a good-quality air gauge confirmed to be accurate.
- Follow the inflation pressure recommendations provided by your motorcycle tires’ manufacturer.
- Inspect your tires visually before every ride. Look for punctures, cracks, missing tread or any irregularities.
- Inspect your tire’s valve stems for dry or cracked rubber, bent valve stem components, or missing valve stem caps and rim valve holds, Honda part #42754-MN5-000. Missing rim valve holds can lead to valve stem failure, rapid tire deflation, loss of control, and road rash. Listen for the sound of air leakage.
- REPEAT: The single most important thing you can do to prevent motorcycle tire failure is to always ride on properly inflated tires!
From August 2006 issue of Wing-World magazine
TN GWRRA Web Pages
for other chapters of interest